Microsoft support for Internet Explorer (IE) 10 and older, ended in 2016. To allow Tribology to move towards modern web standards and deliver improved functionality, security, and quality user experience, we will discontinue IT support for Internet Explorer related issues, within our suite of products (Webtrieve, EDI, and associated Business Development Applications).
At ALS, maintaining superior customer experience and enhanced security protocols are priority. As we move towards a modern, intuitive, secure and faster platform for our users, we have decided to discontinue support for Internet Explorer effective 19 June 2020.
Why we are discontinuing support?
• Reduced functionalities: Since the introduction of Microsoft Edge in 2015, Internet Explorer 11 does not receive any major updates to meet newer web standards. This means new UI functionalities or features may cause issues and errors if accessed via older Internet Explorer browsers.
• Security Issues: Internet Explorer does not support latest version of TLS nor CSP, which poses serious security threats to the department.
• Performance Issues: Given the older architecture, users may experience significantly slower speeds compared to newer, modern browsers.
What you should do?
If you are using Internet Explorer as your default browser, we recommend switching to any of the supported browsers as listed below.
• Google Chrome 75 or later
• Mozilla Firefox 67 or later
• Microsoft Edge 79 or later
© 1996 – 2020